*** Discontinued - See the Aercus WS2085 - Same features with an all new sensor array ***
The Aercus Instruments WS2083 is the next generation in all-in-one Professional Wireless Weather Stations. With its easy set-up and comprehensive weather information the WS2083 is a popular choice for commercial and home users looking for accurate local weather monitoring and forecasting.
The WS2083 has a transmission range of up to 100m (line of sight) back to the main unit which displays temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, wind, rainfall, dew point, windchill, date/time, and short range forecast. The main unit stores up to three months worth of data with easy viewing of historic records.
The WS2083 can also be connected to your PC or Mac via USB and comes with Software for quick and easy downloading and charting. This device is not recommended for 24/7 connection to a computer for live weather reading.
- Backlit LCD displays temperature (indoor/outdoor in °F or °C), humidity (indoor/outdoor), barometric pressure, wind, rainfall, dew point, windchill, date/time, and short range forecast
- Bar graph shows 12 or 24-hour history of barometric data
- Wind sensor provides information on wind speed (mph, m/s, km/h, knots, Beaufort), gust, and direction
- Customisable weather alarms (high and low for each variable)
- Storm warning
- User adjustable measuring intervals
- Connects to your PC via USB and comes with Software for easy downloading and charting. Software also allows uploading to websites for displaying local weather conditions
- Wireless sensors transmit data up to 100m (line of sight) back to LCD display
- Low power consumption
- LCD is wall hanging or free standing
- Outdoor temperature range --- -40.0°C to + 65.0°C (-40°F to +149°F)
- Indoor temperature range --- 0°C to + 50.0°C (32°F to +122°F)
- Humidity range --- 10% to 99% (1% resolution)
- Rain volume display --- 0 to 9999mm, resolution 0.3mm (if rain volume < 1000mm) or 1mm (if rain volume > 1000mm)
- Wind speed --- 0 to 160 km/h
- Barometric pressure --- 300hPa to 1,100hPA (inHg, mmHG or hPa) with 0.1hPa resolution
- Transmission range --- up to 100m (330 feet) line of sight
- Power consumption --- receiver 2 x AA batteries, transmitter 2 x AA batteries
- Transmission frequency --- 433MHz
- Data storage capacity --- 2 weeks at 5 min intervals up to 3 months at 30min intervals
- Alarm duration --- 120 sec
10 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I purchased an Aercus WS 2083 to replace a ten year old weather station that had decided to die on me. Apart from some minor installation problems, the station is easy to use, the display unit is clear and the software is compatible with my systems. It operates well and provides me with all the weather data that I am interested in The assistance that I received from Scientific Sales personnel was excellent. The product was delivered promptly with clear instructions. It is excellent value for money and I would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in weather information. Regards Geoff Brown .
Brought to replace 10yr old WS1083 which finally croaked! Delivery was very prompt but first unit had some problems. Quick email and second unit dispatched with no further problems. The reaction to the problem is the best service I have ever experienced. Good show!! I like this newer model disply better than the old. Clearer to see and with touch buttons instead of touch screen it is much easier to set up.
The product arrived well packaged - recyclable materials - and in perfect order and condition. Easy to set up with clear instructions. Couldnt find any indicator of North for the wind direction, but found it by experiment. Operates well. Very satisfied.
Great station only difficulty in installation was finding the directional alignment for the wind direction. Lettering is difficult to read. Once we found it all sweet, we just wrote over with a vivid.
our previous Aercus unit needed replacing as it had a hard life so we set this unit up at the weekend - it has a nice clear display and the rain gauge works well; excellent wind direction/speed display too.
Works perfectly! Wireless only 15 meters but goes through several walls. Good buy!
I bought this unit to replace the WS1083 that I bought from Scientific Sales many years ago and which finally gave up the ghost. The WS2083 outdoor hardware is much the same and really simple to set up. Remember where North is for the wind instrument though to insure indicated wind direction is accurate. ! I like the indoor interface much better than the old one, clear to read and easier to set up and use - smaller and a nicer feel too. I'm struggling with the Cululus software with incompatibilities with my computer's timestamp but this is not related to the product being reviewed. I can recommend this product as a good home weather station.
Good looking item, very clear readout. Straight forward, easy setup. It's working perfectly, very pleased.
This is a great product! We're very happy with it. Set up on our computer was a piece of cake and it keeps all the info and stats about your weather stored nice and safe. It is really nice to know how much rain fell in our own backyard. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a great little weather station.